Last night I was feeling a little less sparkly than usual, without knowing why, which is always frustrating. There was honestly no reason for it, so I decided to make a list of things that should have been making me happy. And what do you know? Taken altogether they definitely made me feel happier. This counting your blessing doodah actually works!*
I decided to make a “photo editorial” of the list, because I’m such a pro journo, so here goes.
- On Saturday, I received the best care package ever sent by post, courtesy of the ever lovely Bella. Look what I got:
Yes you are seeing right, not only did I get a hand drawn card with pigs on, I also got a seed kit for forget-me-nots (very clever) and a big ziplock bag of tea! I LOVES this girl. I had been down to only 4 remaining tea bags . The situation was quite desperate, the relief commensurate and the celebrations quite joyous. In fact, to commemorate the miraculous tea delivery, I hunted diligently in Boxy Flohmarkt for a Teekanne and found this beauty. Lookit. Beee-u-diful.
- On Sunday I cleaned and organised my room so that it was all shiny in the sunshine. I even polished the door handles although to be fair you can’t see that here. However, it now looks less like I’m squatting which is an achievement as far as I’m concerned.
- I also bargained spiritedly with a disgruntled lady even shorter than me for a somewhat ugly beer advertising mirror, and then I decorated it with a red-haired lady and gold leaves. It now looks rather yummy in my humble opinion.
Note: accept my apologies for my rather serious concentrating face, and admire please the detail of my découpage (not décollotage, découpage)
- I was further inspired at the market to purchase this jumper thing for the princely sum of 3 euro. That’s definitely something to smile about. Can’t wait to wear it, wish I could wear it to work but I guess my bright pink shoes will have to do for now…
- Nor does the bounty of the markt stop there. I also found myself 2 new books to be going on with, one of which admittedly looks classier than the other, but the latter is fatter so it gets points too.
As a result, I’m currently reading 3 books at once, the one about trees, one called Moon Tiger which is on loan and (gulp) one of the new ones which I really shouldn’t have started (but in my defence there’s a rose on the front and it was hard to resist). Of course the sum total of books should be 4 because I ought to be reading the German loaner from Sonja, but I’m a wicked lazy child. Tomorrow, maybe, I’ll start on that.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me”
*editorial note: honesty compels me to admit that talking to LTN and the lovely Cee may have contributed rather more significantly to the cheering upping but nonetheless… the list and the photographing of the list definitely helped.