I’m getting just a lot behind with this whole blogging business, for which I blame sunshine and fun stuff which takes place far from computers but involves taking many many photos which need some love and attention of the sorting kind before they can be shared with the world. So until I get myself a wee bit more organised, I shall just tell you a short list of
things that made me happy this weekend:
- It was looong! Friday to Monday with my two favourite men. Lovely.
- I got down and dirty in the garden. Big Grizzly and I remodelled the pond area so that the paving round the edge can no longer tip the unwary in among the tadpoles (still some fat ones with little legs left, unbelievable!), and untangled and retied the wisteria on the front of the house so that it can twine it’s way back to regaining it’s former glory. Gardening just makes me feel better all over, even if utterly exhausted by lifting lots of rocks and scaling rather tall ladders.
- Cooking for people I love. Rhubarb crumble, chacaroni meese, salmon in pastry, baileys cheesecake and picnic food, and even the rayburn grudgingly cooperated!
- Motorbikes! Sunshine not rain for the MotoGP at Silverstone (a treat from LTN) and much excitement over the epic race. I couldn’t quite believe I was seeing the real people, but we even got truly close to some of them in the pits – I have photos to prove it!
- A perfect evening for a balloon flight. Big Grizzly’s birthday present went amazingly well as we made it up into a gorgeous evening sky over Oxford on our first attempt. Some of the people in the basket had been trying to make it aloft for 2 years! Lucky lucky us.
I have to confess though, I think when I start sorting photos I may end up enraged by all the muck on my sensor mucking up the photos. I don’t seem to be able to keep it clean, even though I only had it serviced recently and it’s kept in a camera bag. I shall have to try and shift it with a puffer because I don’t have the cash for another service just yet! Any ideas for how to solve this?